Pages

Crockpot Cannabis Infused Coconut Oil



IMG_0834
One of the things that got me excited about adding vaporizing to my medicating options is that I can save the used cannabis matter and use it again later for cooking. Yet another perk of being combustion free!  So, over the past couple of months I’ve been accumulating a tin of toasty vaped flower and finally saved enough to cook with. It was kind of exciting since I have never done any cooking with cannabis that has been vaporized before.
I’m happy to report that my first experience cooking with ABV (Already Been Vaped) cannabis was awesome. Since the bud had already been decarboxylated when it was vaporized, I was able to skip that step. I gladly skipped that step! If you have ever spent your hard-earned money on an ounce of marijuana that you were cooking with, you know exactly what I mean when I say that it can take a little courage to put your flower in a hot oven and then mix it in oil. 
I kind of followed a recipe for directions but adjusted the measurements according to ratios that I have had good success with in the past. I also simplified the directions so that all you do is put everything in the crock pot and turn it on. I guess I really didn’t follow the recipe at all but it still turned out.  It was ridiculously easy and the finished product came out beautifully potent.
IMG_0790
Vaporized cannabis flower
Easy ABV Cannabis Coconut Oil
1C previously vaporized cannabis flower
1C coconut oil
cheesecloth
1) Put the coconut oil and the dry matter in the crock pot and set on low.
IMG_0796
2)Let it brew over night and stir every once in a while. This batch sat for 17.5 hours. 
IMG_0806
3)Drain the oil through a cheesecloth. Or damp paper towel if you are like me and get to this point in the process and remember that you have no cheesecloth. 
IMG_0808
IMG_0824
The color went light green as it cooled.
4) Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge.
I sampled just 1 teaspoon to test its strength this morning at 10:45am. It is now 7:30pm and still working. So, yes, it is potent. I ended up getting 3/4 of a cup of finished oil. That is about 36 single teaspoon servings! I would have been able to squeeze out more if I had proper straining cloth instead of paper towels. Lesson learned.
I love the fact that I got twice the use out of my cannabis just by mixing it with oil that I already use on a daily basis. Now I have a healthy and effective infused cooking oil in my pantry that I feel good about medicating with. Oh, did I mention that I supposedly can use it as a topical too? I’ll let you know if that works out.
Until next time…vape, bake, and enjoy eating your greens.
Pam
via


2018-mixpacks-full banner 468x60

admin

Thank you for your comments, please share the content with people you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment